Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
collapse

Author Topic: Indiana Jones  (Read 4966 times)

Zazzog

• GPI Members
  • Get a Life?!
  • The Seventh Son
    • View Profile
Indiana Jones
« on: May 20, 2008, 08:39:17 pm »
Anyone in DFW interested in going to see Indiana Jones on Sunday afternoon?

Jana and I are probably going to go to the AMC at Grapevine Mills, showtimes can be seen here:

http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=3779&rdate=5%2F25%2F2008

Post if you're interested!

Durka Durka Jihad! Get some! It's good to be back! :evil:
Mages kill with fire, just like the gods do.

Holocaust

• Administrator
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.killers4hire.com
Re: Indiana Jones
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 11:39:23 pm »
uh... i believe their plan was to go friday night.
[K4H]Holocaust
www.killers4hire.com
EIGHTEEN years and counting! August 5, 1998.

WoW Division

"Let me tell you why I suck as a salesman. Let's say I go into some guys office. Let's say he's even remotely interested in buying something. Well then I get all excited. I'm like Jo Jo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet. The pet is my possible sale. How I love my pet. So I pet it and I stroke it and I massage it. I love it. I love my little naughty pet. You're naughty! And then I take my naughty pet and I go gszdkgs gszdkgs. OHHH!! I killed it!! I killed my sale!"

Zazzog

• GPI Members
  • Get a Life?!
  • The Seventh Son
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:19:03 am »
uh... i believe their plan was to go friday night.

Their? As in you're not going, Brandon?

Holocaust

• Administrator
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.killers4hire.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 08:17:37 am »
my sister and i promised that we would go see it with our parents, and there is no way my sister can go see it on friday since she works til midnight.  we will probably go on saturday or sunday i would hope.
[K4H]Holocaust
www.killers4hire.com
EIGHTEEN years and counting! August 5, 1998.

WoW Division

"Let me tell you why I suck as a salesman. Let's say I go into some guys office. Let's say he's even remotely interested in buying something. Well then I get all excited. I'm like Jo Jo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet. The pet is my possible sale. How I love my pet. So I pet it and I stroke it and I massage it. I love it. I love my little naughty pet. You're naughty! And then I take my naughty pet and I go gszdkgs gszdkgs. OHHH!! I killed it!! I killed my sale!"

Knossos

• Administrator
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
    • Killers for Hire
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 08:34:40 am »
We have a group going on Friday night... we need your email addresses to add you to the 'list' we have going...

What: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
When: Friday, May 23
Where: Tinseltown in Grapevine (again)
Price: $4-6

www.killers4hire.com
Seventeen years and counting! August 5, 1998.

Real Life Division
irc.enterthegame.com #K4H

WOW Division

Zazzog

• GPI Members
  • Get a Life?!
  • The Seventh Son
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 10:02:39 am »
We have a group going on Friday night... we need your email addresses to add you to the 'list' we have going...

What: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
When: Friday, May 23
Where: Tinseltown in Grapevine (again)
Price: $4-6

I'd definitely be in, and I'm sure Jana would too. What time are you guys planning on going?

I'll forward the email addresses along in a PM, as I think this post is in the public forum.

CliK

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 12:59:49 pm »
let me know what you guys think of this movie, i went and saw it last night with a couple buddies.

Zazzog

• GPI Members
  • Get a Life?!
  • The Seventh Son
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 06:58:36 am »
let me know what you guys think of this movie, i went and saw it last night with a couple buddies.

Ok, this is my subjective opinion, I know some people will disagree with me:

Raiders: 10
Last Crusade: 9
Temple of Doom: 7
Crystal Skull: 5

It's not that the movie is necessarily bad, although there are things that irritate me about it, (too much CGI, too much anti aliasing, overexposure, but these are technical.)

It's not Harrison Ford's age, either. For the role he was playing, I think he did a spectacular job.

There were some corny moments, but then, all the Indy films have that.

The plot was kinda weak, but then, no more so than the plot of Temple of Doom, (sorry, love the movie, but the story is weak.)

So I guess I can't put my finger on it. Again, it's not a BAD film necessarily, (I'd certainly watch it five times over before watching anything else that's out currently out,) but it's just not up to snuff with the other ones.

Of course, though, anyone walking into the theatre expecting to see the best in series is being unrealistic anyway. 

CliK

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 10:47:41 am »
the problem i had with it was part of the story. The whole thing at the end (i would say what but i don't want to spoil for everyone else). That was getting kinda weird and was something i didn't like as much.

Hot4Hayabusas

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 01:09:19 pm »
the problem i had with it was part of the story. The whole thing at the end (i would say what but i don't want to spoil for everyone else). That was getting kinda weird and was something i didn't like as much.

I agree with you on the end, I didn't really like the story behind the skulls but overall I enjoyed the movie and I don't regret seeing it at all. 

Zazzog

• GPI Members
  • Get a Life?!
  • The Seventh Son
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 06:43:41 pm »
Someone on Fark summed it up perfectly, earlier today.

You're looking at a change of format. The first three are basically '30s style pulp fiction. The new one is '50s style sci-fi.

The way I see it, if you can keep that perspective, and accept the change, the movie works perfectly fine.

I mean, previously, we've seen people's faces melt, a man tear the still beating heart of another man out of his chest, guys rapid age to the point that they turn to dust, God himself open a hole in the sky and suck everything up, etc.

What's so hard about accepting the premise of this one, if the other three were so agreeable?

CliK

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 11:50:41 am »
Someone on Fark summed it up perfectly, earlier today.

You're looking at a change of format. The first three are basically '30s style pulp fiction. The new one is '50s style sci-fi.

The way I see it, if you can keep that perspective, and accept the change, the movie works perfectly fine.

I mean, previously, we've seen people's faces melt, a man tear the still beating heart of another man out of his chest, guys rapid age to the point that they turn to dust, God himself open a hole in the sky and suck everything up, etc.

What's so hard about accepting the premise of this one, if the other three were so agreeable?

i guess when you compare it to what happened in all the previous ones it's not as far-fetched..

Magimor

• GPI Members
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 05:47:16 am »
The movie was kickass. Harrison ford still fit the part perfectly and did an awesome job of being indy again. i had a few problems though. where the hell was the whip? the whip appeared for a second in the movie and was never used again! the whip was an importan part of Indianas character. that made me like it a bit less and seriosly, the end was a bit far fetched. even for indiana jones movies. i think spielberg has got to let that genre go and start something else cause he sticks aliens everywhere and its getting old. and have you noticed all the aliens in his movies have th same freaking head? other than that i enjoyed the movie. except for the end where i just sat there going "ok you got CGI, its cool, but seriously wtf?" it was a bit over done imo. but overall a good movie, id give it a 7
WoW Division

The most exhilarating experience is to be shot at with out result.

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 04:16:20 pm »
Close Encounters, ET, AI, War of the Worlds, crystal skull,  yeah I'd say he has a thing for aliens.

I liked the movie.  Though i thought the aliens were a bit weird and over the top, i had the same reasoning as Chris that its not so bad when compared to the other stuff.  I think the movie captured the Indy feel really well, unfortunately I think i may have outgrown that, and a lot of my love for hte previous movies are based more in nostalgia than anything else.

Oh well, it was well worth the $4 matinee ticket I bought, and I'll probably get the DvD too.  I give it a solid B+

* Recent Posts

[K4H]dafreak by Holocaust
[January 12, 2017, 04:39:51 pm]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by ceeje
[December 25, 2016, 08:53:28 pm]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by Jafaelo
[December 04, 2016, 10:45:55 am]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by DustinFedora
[December 04, 2016, 03:58:14 am]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by ceeje
[December 03, 2016, 12:52:57 pm]

* Top Poster