Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
collapse

Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 11379 times)

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2016, 12:45:58 pm »
Yes, like all free to play games, it is much harder if you don't pay, although now the amount of cards you need to be competitive will be much smaller.

DustinFedora

• GPI Members
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2016, 12:58:48 pm »
You won't be able to buy the outdated packs, only craft the cards.

This means we'll finally be able to disenchant for dust previously undestroyable cards from old adventures. So gg Maexxna.

They're also going to do a chunk of updating/balancing Basic and Classic cards when they roll out the format. Considering how few commonly played cards Druid is losing compared to other classes I wouldn't be surprised to see something like Savage Roar get nerfed.

But you still have to somehow get the cards in the last few expansions. Balls

The best way to build a collection for free is to get good at arena. As for how to do that...you'll have to ask someone else because I haven't played it in years. I can tell you that there are tons of resources out there for arena, like heartharena.com that Eric mentioned in the other thread.

CliK

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2016, 03:27:10 pm »
Yes, like all free to play games, it is much harder if you don't pay, although now the amount of cards you need to be competitive will be much smaller.

I think that is what frustrates me the most. I've played other f2p games where I did the grind. Difference was, in those I can do it against the AI while still learning the game. I just wish I could do that in hearthstone. Yeah there is the story mode, but that typically doesn't give card you can really use in pvp. And why do I have to do pvp with my god awful deck and flail around to maybe win 1 in 5 games to get even remotely descent cards. Frustrates me to no end.

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2016, 10:00:31 pm »
Like Jordan said... arena.  Even playing field as far as cards go.  Other than that, research deck building and what decks win, and work on your decks.  Other than that, net deck and steal other decks off the internet.  If none of those things interest you and you hate playing against other people, perhaps you should pass the time with a nice game of Solitaire (name that movie reference).

CliK

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2016, 09:14:48 am »
If none of those things interest you and you hate playing against other people, perhaps you should pass the time with a nice game of Solitaire (name that movie reference).

I do like to play solitaire. Nice and relaxing with no pressure.

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2016, 02:33:39 am »
This is kind of interesting.  If you ONLY plan to play standard and want to get a bunch of dust for cheap, purchase Naxxramas now, and dust all the cards when the new formats drop.  You get about twice the dust to dollar amount as you do buying packs.  Of course anyone who is f2p wont buy it anyway, and anyone spending money has surely already purchased Nax.  But still.

https://twitter.com/Kripparrian/status/695826255502036992

DustinFedora

• GPI Members
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2016, 05:11:13 pm »
I do like to play solitaire. Nice and relaxing with no pressure.

I prefer Minesweeper. Nice and relaxing with lots of pressure :P.

This is kind of interesting.  If you ONLY plan to play standard and want to get a bunch of dust for cheap, purchase Naxxramas now, and dust all the cards when the new formats drop.  You get about twice the dust to dollar amount as you do buying packs.  Of course anyone who is f2p wont buy it anyway, and anyone spending money has surely already purchased Nax.  But still.

Good advice. It's also notable that Adventures offer the best dollar/gold ratio in the game. You get fewer cards per dollar than buying packs, but you're guaranteed no useless extras, a certain amount of legendaries, etc, plus some fun challenges if that's your thing.

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2016, 09:23:01 am »
Here's a video explaining what is happening to all the old Hearthstone cards, explained in a way that Brandon can understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZzvAoIpUKA&feature=share

* Recent Posts

[K4H]dafreak by Holocaust
[January 12, 2017, 04:39:51 pm]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by ceeje
[December 25, 2016, 08:53:28 pm]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by Jafaelo
[December 04, 2016, 10:45:55 am]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by DustinFedora
[December 04, 2016, 03:58:14 am]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by ceeje
[December 03, 2016, 12:52:57 pm]