Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
collapse

Author Topic: [K4H]KaeBaek  (Read 5194 times)

Holocaust

• Administrator
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.killers4hire.com
[K4H]KaeBaek
« on: September 20, 2013, 12:03:07 pm »
This past week K4H lost one of its greatest members.  [K4H]KaeBaek aka Roy King lost his long fight with pancreatic cancer on Monday.  Roy was one of the original members of K4H joining us on October 25, 1998- a mere 2 months after K4H was formed in August of 1998.  He always had a bright and cheerful attitude, willing to help out or talk with anyone about anything.  He and I would talk late into the night about games, girls, or whatever teenage challenge I was facing at the time  He helped us form our Counter-Strike division after finding the modification in- I think- beta 1 or 2.  He stuck with us up until the very end, and his steam account will forever show his dedication to K4H and its members.  I will greatly miss Roy as he was like family to me, even though I only met him one time, a few weeks before his passing.  He was definitely my best "online" friend. :)  Even so close to the end Roy was a beacon of hope and bravery in the face of adversity.  I thought I would spend my whole weekend with him bawling my eyes out, but his bright, cheerful, and amazing outlook left me happy- not sad.  He looked death in the face and said bring it on... this sounds like an adventure!  I will never forget that and I wish him the best on his journey.

I have attached his obituary from his local paper.

This is his wife's announcement on Facebook:

"With sorrow but also joy, Roy has passed on to his next journey. Rejoice that he will be reunited with his loved ones as well as seeing the wonders of the unknown. Roy wanted everyone to remember all the good times we have all shared, and not grieve for him.
Thank you all.
With much love, The Kings"

[K4H]Bond and I are wanting to make a donation to his family from K4H to honor him and help them out with whatever they might need at this time.  If you would like to help out send he or I a message here, on facebook, or any chat program you can and we will make sure that it makes it to his family.  We will wait about a week, so please hurry.
[K4H]Holocaust
www.killers4hire.com
EIGHTEEN years and counting! August 5, 1998.

WoW Division

"Let me tell you why I suck as a salesman. Let's say I go into some guys office. Let's say he's even remotely interested in buying something. Well then I get all excited. I'm like Jo Jo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet. The pet is my possible sale. How I love my pet. So I pet it and I stroke it and I massage it. I love it. I love my little naughty pet. You're naughty! And then I take my naughty pet and I go gszdkgs gszdkgs. OHHH!! I killed it!! I killed my sale!"

Bond

• K4H Members
  • n00b
    • View Profile
Re: [K4H]KaeBaek
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 01:42:43 pm »
[K4H]KaeBaek was the greatest gamer I ever knew.  I joined K4H in 1999 and have kept in touch with him ever since.  Like Brandon, I considered Roy my best "online" friend as well. 

Roy was really good at every game he played.  But what was great about Roy is that he just loved sharing the gaming experience with people.  He loved connecting with people and sharing the journey that gaming provides.  Although he was really good at gaming in general, that was all secondary to him.  He loved gaming with US.  And I loved gaming with him.  He was a kind and compassionate person, always willing to lend an ear and he was always having fun.  For me, gaming will never be the same.

I will miss Roy greatly.  I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet him on earth, but look forward to meeting him in heaven. 

Anyone who wants to contribute can do so by sending to my PayPal account.  Message me for the details and be sure to tell me how you want your name written on the card.
"Super Old School"

GerudoX

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 02:07:45 pm »
Wow, I can't believe he is gone.  He really was a great guy and even though I didn't know him as well as Brandon, I had been online with him since the beginning of K4H as well.  He was always a blast to play with or against and was someone that was always a joy to be around. 
See you on the other side buddy.

_______________________________________ _______
"Let's look at Paul Allen's card."
"Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, he even has a watermark."

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 07:22:33 pm »
He was always so funny and cheerful when he posted on here.  Didn't know him at all but hearing this still made me sad.  Sorry to everyone who cared for him.  Cancer is a motherfucker.

Bond

• K4H Members
  • n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 04:51:26 pm »
The sympathy card was sent today by myself, Scorpian, and Holocaust on behalf of all of K4H.  The card reads as follows:

We're Thinking of You with Sympathy

At times like this, it's hard to find
the words that best convey
The many thoughts of sympathy
our hearts would like to say...

But may it somehow help to know
that through our words are few,
We're thinking of you warmly now
and share this loss with you.

Sending You Our Deepest Sympathy,

[K4H]Scorpian, [K4H] Bond, [K4H] Holocaust, and the entire [K4H] gaming family.

On behalf of all of us at [K4H], please accept our deepest sympathies for the loss of your husband and father, and our friend, Roy.  We will miss  him dearly.  We are sending the enclosed donation to your family to do with as you wish.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you! 
"Super Old School"

Holocaust

• Administrator
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.killers4hire.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 12:33:38 am »
Sounds great man, thanks for doing this!
[K4H]Holocaust
www.killers4hire.com
EIGHTEEN years and counting! August 5, 1998.

WoW Division

"Let me tell you why I suck as a salesman. Let's say I go into some guys office. Let's say he's even remotely interested in buying something. Well then I get all excited. I'm like Jo Jo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet. The pet is my possible sale. How I love my pet. So I pet it and I stroke it and I massage it. I love it. I love my little naughty pet. You're naughty! And then I take my naughty pet and I go gszdkgs gszdkgs. OHHH!! I killed it!! I killed my sale!"

* Recent Posts

[K4H]dafreak by Holocaust
[January 12, 2017, 04:39:51 pm]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by ceeje
[December 25, 2016, 08:53:28 pm]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by Jafaelo
[December 04, 2016, 10:45:55 am]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by DustinFedora
[December 04, 2016, 03:58:14 am]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by ceeje
[December 03, 2016, 12:52:57 pm]

* Top Poster