Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
collapse

Author Topic: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right?  (Read 51600 times)

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right?
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2015, 08:00:44 am »
That really doesn't make a difference.  A guy in greens can't raid in Heroic HFC, so he's doomed to fail too.  Your lack of cards or knowledge of deck building doesn't change what the game is about.  Nor does it change that a properly built deck, knowledge of the meta game, and knowledge of how to play your deck, will balance the effects of RNG in the long run.

This is a fact.  I don't know why you continue to argue about a game that you have admitted you don't play or know anything about.

CliK

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2015, 08:26:27 am »
That really doesn't make a difference.  A guy in greens can't raid in Heroic HFC, so he's doomed to fail too.  Your lack of cards or knowledge of deck building doesn't change what the game is about.  Nor does it change that a properly built deck, knowledge of the meta game, and knowledge of how to play your deck, will balance the effects of RNG in the long run.

This is a fact.  I don't know why you continue to argue about a game that you have admitted you don't play or know anything about.

I've played more than you think. I've given it multiple attempts but the lack of an easier way to get cards has turned me away more than anything.

Holocaust

• Administrator
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.killers4hire.com
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2015, 09:08:42 am »
I've got nearly 5000g in hearthstone.  Just not sure what to do with it.
[K4H]Holocaust
www.killers4hire.com
EIGHTEEN years and counting! August 5, 1998.

WoW Division

"Let me tell you why I suck as a salesman. Let's say I go into some guys office. Let's say he's even remotely interested in buying something. Well then I get all excited. I'm like Jo Jo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet. The pet is my possible sale. How I love my pet. So I pet it and I stroke it and I massage it. I love it. I love my little naughty pet. You're naughty! And then I take my naughty pet and I go gszdkgs gszdkgs. OHHH!! I killed it!! I killed my sale!"

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2015, 09:17:33 am »
Buy the adventures if you haven't, then buy packs.  That's all you use gold for in hearthstone.

Or just play arena from now til the end of time. :p

Here's an itemized list:

1.  Buy Naxxramas, by far the best cards for the money.
2.  Buy League of Explorers, second best cards.
3.  Buy packs, disenchant doubles and bad cards you dont want, use dust to craft cards you need to build the decks you want to play
4.  Play Arena.  Learn to play while getting cards & dust.  3 wins and you get your 150 gold worth, 5 wins and you are making a profit.
5.  Buy Blackrock mountain if you want.  Not a ton of great cards in this one.  Really only one that sees a lot of play.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:25:56 am by Jafaelo »

Holocaust

• Administrator
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2015, 02:34:39 pm »
I've already beat all the adventures and class quests (except the class quests from League of Explorers still working on that one).

I suppose I need to get that arena overlay you mentioned and try to do arena.  I just didn't want to waste the 150g if I wasn't even going to be breaking even.
[K4H]Holocaust
www.killers4hire.com

WoW Division

"Let me tell you why I suck as a salesman. Let's say I go into some guys office. Let's say he's even remotely interested in buying something. Well then I get all excited. I'm like Jo Jo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet. The pet is my possible sale. How I love my pet. So I pet it and I stroke it and I massage it. I love it. I love my little naughty pet. You're naughty! And then I take my naughty pet and I go gszdkgs gszdkgs. OHHH!! I killed it!! I killed my sale!"

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2015, 03:00:15 pm »
Then buy 50 packs.  You'll get a few legendaries and a bunch of dust.  I don't like arena as much as ladder so I'll probably never be huge into it.  Some people play it exclusively though.

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2015, 10:44:55 pm »
Pat inspired me so I started an EU account, went through the tutorial, and am going to see how far I can get as free to play.  So far i did a 6-3 arena run and got a few good rares in my first 5 packs from all the tutorial stuff.  However I'm learning that rank 25 in europe isn't all pushovers.

CliK

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2015, 09:19:34 am »
0-10 game losing streak incoming.

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2015, 12:44:02 pm »
I went 6-3 in my arena match, I only played one game on ladder and he fought hard but I beat him.  Ill play some more tonight. It's fun to strip down and play with stuff like boulderfist ogre again.

Holocaust

• Administrator
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2015, 01:13:40 pm »
All I currently have is the basic decks.  I hate playing rogue, shaman, and druid this way.  Mage, Priest, and kinda Pally are decent.  I really enjoy playing the mage deck.  Unless the person has like 4 or 5 legendaries I can counteract most of their stuff if I get good RNG.
[K4H]Holocaust
www.killers4hire.com

WoW Division

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2015, 01:57:29 pm »
Well why don't you dip in to your dragon hoard and buy some cards to play really fun decks.  Legendaries are the funniest part of the game.  The first time I dropped Tirion and heard "PUT YOUR FAITH IN THE LIGHT" I was hooked on this dumb game.

Holocaust

• Administrator
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2015, 04:07:39 pm »
The next time I actually get to be at home playing I'll message you Eric to get some advice.
[K4H]Holocaust
www.killers4hire.com

WoW Division

Dulzun

• GPI Members
  • w00t
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2015, 04:25:12 pm »
dragon hoard

Jaf, you should try to market Dragon Hoard as a medieval/fantasy themed lottery game to whichever state you currently reside.

Krack

• GPI Members
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2016, 02:52:47 am »
I enjoyed Hearthstone, but you either have to play it way too much, get great arena decks or spend enough $ to get decent deck/s from the RNG packs.

I was really disappointed when I reinstalled it and the new adventures didn't even give you the first wings for free.
[K4H]ttt517
www.killers4hire.com
SEVENTEEN years and counting! August 5, 1998.

RA3 Division
irc.enterthegame.com #K4H

Jafaelo

• GPI Officers
  • Get a Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2016, 06:35:02 pm »
Oh you bet your ass I'll be rockin' Lady Liadrin as my paladin champion.  Hearthstone needs more Horde representation.

http://www.hearthhead.com/news=251817/hearthstone-patch-4-2-0-released-lady-liadrin-new-paladin-hero-more-deckslots-br

* Recent Posts

[K4H]dafreak by Holocaust
[January 12, 2017, 04:39:51 pm]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by ceeje
[December 25, 2016, 08:53:28 pm]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by Jafaelo
[December 04, 2016, 10:45:55 am]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by DustinFedora
[December 04, 2016, 03:58:14 am]

Re: A couple of youse play Hearthstone, right? by ceeje
[December 03, 2016, 12:52:57 pm]

* Top Poster